Pilanesberg Day Tour
Safari Tour Introduction
If you are short on time or perhaps you would like a quick insight into what Pilanesberg National Park can offer, the 1 day tour is a great option. Due to the limited time you will have to explore this Big 5 reserve, your day will be busy, but not rushed! Pilanesberg National Park is only a quick 2 hour drive from Johannesburg, which makes it the perfect destination for a 1 day safari tour. You will have the opportunity to see fantastic wildlife and soak in the incredible scenery in this Big 5 Game Reserve.
What to Expect
- Transport for the duration of the safari.
- Professional guides (FGASA registered) who have a good knowledge of the park and are very familiar with the routes traveled while on safari. They are experienced and will know which routes are best to travel and where the best areas are for seeing various animals species.
- Light lunch
- The guides will always try and position vehicles in a way which allows for guests to take the best photos under the circumstances.The guides will also stop at panoramic viewpoints along the route, to ensure you get the best scenic photo.
Climate and Weather conditions
Summer- October to March is when the area sees a significant amount of rainfall. Temperatures are expected to be between 26 °C and 30 °C.
Winter- This is known to be the best time to visit the park. During the period around July to October, animals in the park are easier to spot and spend longer feeding. It is also mating season which is definitely worth seeing. Days are generally warm and clear.
Full day: Gauteng – Pilanesberg- Gauteng (lunch included)
- 06:30- Johannesburg departure for Pilanesberg National Park, expected arrival at approximately 09:00
- 09:30- Start of the morning game drive, duration 2 – 3 hours
- 12:00- Comfort break including a light lunch
- 13:00- Start of afternoon game drive, duration 2 – 3 hours
- 15:30- Return transfer from Pilanesberg National Park to Johannesburg
- 18:00- Approximate arrival in Johannesburg
* Please note that all game drives are conducted in open seated vehicles and will depart regardless of the weather conditions.
* The above itinerary times are an approximate timeline only and may vary.
|Number of Guests||Rates 2018|
|1 or more guests||R 2250 per person|
|10 or more guests (groups)||Rate on request|
- Collection and return from Johannesburg
- Two game drives (approximately 2 to 3 hours each)
- Entrance into Pilanesberg National Park
- The use of an open-seated game drive vehicle
- Light lunch
- All other beverages
It is important to note that this is not a private safari and more than likely there will be other guests joining you on the game drive vehicles, air-conditioned mini bus transfer vehicles as well as during mealtimes.
Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on safari.
We recommend that you stay over in Johannesburg after the day tour. Since we cannot guarantee our arrival time in Johannesburg we cannot be held responsible for re-imbursements of flight tickets, should we arrive later than expected.
** Terms & Conditions apply **