Safari Tour Introduction
The 4 day safari around Pilanesberg National Park offers a comprehensive insight into what the park has to offer. Pilanesberg is located in the crater of an extinct volcano. Its various eruptions have caused varied soil- types over the years which means that the park has uniquely varied vegetation and rare rock- types. Your 4 day safari will include relaxation, game drives, great food and hopefully some spectacular sightings!
What to Expect
- 3 nights accommodation.
- Transport for the duration of the safari.
- Professional guides (FGASA registered) who have a good knowledge of the park and are very familiar with the routes traveled while on safari. They are experienced and will know which routes are best to travel and where the best areas are for seeing various animals species.
- Groups are generally averaged at 4- 6 individuals per safari but may be 10 at times.
- Includes all meals and teas.
- The guides will always try and position vehicles in a way which allows for guests to take the best photos under the circumstances.The guides will also stop at panoramic viewpoints along the route, to ensure you get the best scenic photo.
Your stay will be in luxury en- suite rooms. Different lodges will be made use of depending on availability. Your needs will be catered for in these luxurious lodges which offer a host of facilities. Rooms are fully serviced and will accommodate your every need.
Climate and Weather conditions
Summer- October to March is when the area sees a significant amount of rainfall. Temperatures are expected to be between 26 °C and 30 °C.
Winter- This is known to be the best time to visit the park. During the period around July to October, animals in the park are easier to spot and spend longer feeding. It is also mating season which is definitely worth seeing. Days are generally warm and clear.
Day 1: Gauteng – Pilanesberg (Lunch and dinner included)
Leaving Johannesburg at around 11 am will mean we reach our lodge in Pilanesberg National Park around mid- day just in time for a delicious lunch. After lunch you will have time to settle in and relax before we enjoy afternoon tea and depart on our afternoon game drive. Our game drive will be in an open game drive vehicle allowing an intimate up- close experience with nature.
After our drive we return to the lodge for a delicious dinner and an evening around the fire (weather permitting).
Day 2 & 3: Full day in the Park (Breakfast, lunch & dinner included)
We will rise early on both these days to take in the best of what Pilanesberg National Park has to offer. After an early morning snack and a hot beverage we head out in hope of catching some of the parks nocturnal creatures before they settle in for the day. As the sun rises we will see the parks many diurnal creatures spring to life as they begin their day in the African bush. We will hopefully come across some of the Big 5.
After our drive we will return to our lodge for a spectacular breakfast. After this you will have time to relax and enjoy the lodge’s many activities and facilities before the lunch is served around 2pm. After lunch we will head out on our late- afternoon game drive in anticipation of what the park has to offer. These drives often extend to the early hours of the evening depending on the game we see. We return to the lodge for dinner and reflection on the day’s events.
Day 4: Pilanesberg – Gauteng (Breakfast included)
Another early start in your last day at Pilanesberg National Park. An early morning game drive around the Pilanesberg National Park will awaken your senses and get you ready for the day’s activities. We will return to the lodge after our drive for an early hearty breakfast.
Please enquire for current rates.
- Pick up and drop off in Johannesburg/Pretoria
- Return road transfers in a closed, climate controlled vehicle
- Professional drivers/guides (FGASA registered – Field Guides Association of Southern Africa)
- Meals as specified per itinerary
- Game drives in an open safari vehicles
- Accommodation in luxury en-suite rooms
- Bottled mineral water in the transfer vehicle
- Meals not specified in itinerary
- All entry fees and daily conservation levies
- All drinks at the lodge
- Optional extra activities such as Spa treatments
- Items of a personal nature
It is important to note that this is not a private safari and more than likely there will be other guests joining you on the game drive vehicles, air-conditioned mini bus transfer vehicles as well as during mealtimes.
Children under the age of 12 are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the manager or guide. Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on safari and, where possible, a kiddies safari will be arranged between normal safari times. Baby-sitting can be arranged at the lodge at an additional charge.
Guests flying out of OR Tambo Airport on the last day are reminded to not book any flights earlier than 17h00 (domestic) or 18h00 (international) in order to give us enough time to get you to the airport. We recommend that you rather stay over in Johannesburg if possible. Since we cannot guarantee our arrival time in Johannesburg on the last day we will not be held responsible for re-imbursements of flight tickets, should we arrive later than expected. Private transfers for guests with early flights can be arranged in advance at an extra charge.
** Terms & Conditions apply **