3 Day Pilanesberg Safari Tour
Safari Tour Introduction
This 3 day safari will give you a vast overview of what Pilanesberg National Park has to offer. You will have an opportunity to explore the park with a number of open- vehicle game drives. Your 3 day safari will include a series of game drives, relaxation at the lodge, scrumptious dinners and a chance at coming across the famous Big 5. The 3 days promises to be an adventure- packed yet relaxing experience that will show off all of Pilanesberg’s best features and will leave you wanting more.
What to Expect
- 2 Nights accommodation.
- Transport for the duration of the safari.
- Professional guides (FGASA registered) who have a good knowledge of the park and are very familiar with the routes traveled while on safari. They are experienced and will know which routes are best to travel and where the best areas are for seeing various animals species.
- Groups are generally averaged at 4- 6 individuals per safari but may be 10 at times.
- Includes all meals and teas.
- The guides will always try and position vehicles in a way which allows for guests to take the best photos under the circumstances.The guides will also stop at panoramic viewpoints along the route, to ensure you get the best scenic photo.
Your stay will be in luxury en- suite rooms. Different lodges will be made use of depending on availability. Your needs will be catered for in these luxurious lodges which offer a host of facilities. Rooms are fully serviced and will accommodate your every need.
Climate and Weather conditions
Summer- October to March is when the area sees a significant amount of rainfall. Temperatures are expected to be between 26 °C and 30 °C.
Winter- This is known to be the best time to visit the park. During the period around July to October, animals in the park are easier to spot and spend longer feeding. It is also mating season which is definitely worth seeing. Days are generally warm and clear.
Day 1: Gauteng – Pilanesberg (Lunch and dinner included)
After leaving the bustling metropolis of Johannesburg at approximately 11 am, we set out towards the incredible Pilanesberg National Park. After arriving at the lodge, settling down and having lunch, we will have time to relax, unwind and enjoy and afternoon cup of tea. After tea we set off for an afternoon game drive in our open game drive vehicle which will allow an intimate up close experience with nature.
After our drive, we will return to the lodge to serve dinner.
Day 2: Full day in the Park (Breakfast, lunch & dinner included)
It’s an early start today as we have a quick snack and set off before the sun rises its head. This is a great time for game viewing as we may have the opportunity to see some of the nocturnal creatures before they hide away. Pilanesberg National Park is home to a wide variety of animals including the Big 5.
After your wild start to the day we will return to the lodge for a delicious breakfast after which you will have time to relax at the lodge and enjoy the facilities on offer. Lunch will be served around 2 pm. After lunch we will depart on our afternoon game drive which may continue into the early hours of the evening. On our return to the lodge we will have dinner. Your day will end around a warm camp fire, reminiscing about the day’s events.
Day 3: Pilanesberg – Gauteng (Breakfast included)
Another early start to the day but in the African bush it is always worthwhile. Before the sun gets up we head out into the park for the last time to hopefully find some of the parks nocturnal creatures. The wealth of flora and fauna in the park make it a unique destination that needs to be explored first- hand. After our game drive we return to the lodge for breakfast.
Please enquire for current rates.
- Pick up and drop off in Johannesburg/Pretoria
- Return road transfers in a closed, climate controlled vehicle
- Professional drivers/guides (FGASA registered – Field Guides Association of Southern Africa)
- Meals as specified per itinerary
- Game drives in an open safari vehicles
- Accommodation in luxury en-suite rooms
- Bottled mineral water in the transfer vehicle
- Meals not specified in itinerary
- All entry fees and daily conservation levies
- All drinks at the lodge
- Optional extra activities such as Spa treatments
- Items of a personal nature
It is important to note that this is not a private safari and more than likely there will be other guests joining you on the game drive vehicles, air-conditioned mini bus transfer vehicles as well as during mealtimes.
Children under the age of 12 are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the manager or guide. Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on safari and, where possible, a kiddies safari will be arranged between normal safari times. Baby-sitting can be arranged at the lodge at an additional charge.
Guests flying out of OR Tambo Airport on the last day are reminded to not book any flights earlier than 17h00 (domestic) or 18h00 (international) in order to give us enough time to get you to the airport. We recommend that you rather stay over in Johannesburg if possible. Since we cannot guarantee our arrival time in Johannesburg on the last day we will not be held responsible for re-imbursements of flight tickets, should we arrive later than expected. Private transfers for guests with early flights can be arranged in advance at an extra charge.
** Terms & Conditions apply **