Safari Tour Introduction
This 2 day safari will give you a great overview of what this spectacular park has to offer. Pilanesberg’s popularity is largely due to its proximity to Johannesburg which makes it largely accessible. It is therefore a perfect destination for a 2 day safari as travel time is reduced getting there. Accommodation for your 2 day safari will be luxurious as you will be hosted in some of Pilanesberg National Parks most prestigious lodges. The park is home to the Big 5 and offers the visitor incredible scenery, astonishing wildlife and fantastic dining. You trip will include highlights such as game drives and fantastic cuisine.
What to Expect
- 1 Night accommodation.
- Transport for the duration of the safari.
- Professional guides (FGASA registered) who have a good knowledge of the park and are very familiar with the routes traveled while on safari. They are experienced and will know which routes are best to travel and where the best areas are for seeing various animals species.
- Groups are generally averaged at 4- 6 individuals per safari but may be 10 at times.
- Includes all meals and teas.
- The guides will always try and position vehicles in a way which allows for guests to take the best photos under the circumstances.The guides will also stop at panoramic viewpoints along the route, to ensure you get the best scenic photo.
Your stay will be in luxury en- suite rooms. Different lodges will be made use of depending on availability. Your needs will be catered for in these luxurious lodges which offer a host of facilities. Rooms are fully serviced and will accommodate your every need.
Climate and Weather conditions
Summer- October to March is when the area sees a significant amount of rainfall. Temperatures are expected to be between 26 °C and 30 °C.
Winter- This is known to be the best time to visit the park. During the period around July to October, animals in the park are easier to spot and spend longer feeding. It is also mating season which is definitely worth seeing. Days are generally warm and clear.
Day 1: Gauteng – Pilanesberg (lunch and dinner included)
You will depart from Johannesburg at around 11 am and reach the lodge in Pilanesberg National Park around mid- day in time for lunch. You will have sufficient time to relax and settle in before enjoying afternoon tea. After tea you will have the opportunity to experience what the park is all about with an afternoon game drive. Exploring the park in an open game drive vehicle offers the best vantage point to see the intricacy of its flora and fauna. This is your chance to get up close and personal with nature.
When the sun goes down you will enjoy a scrumptious dinner.
Day 2: Pilanesberg – Gauteng (Breakfast included)
We will depart on an early morning game drive before the sun rises. This is the perfect time to spot animals before they start their routine for the day; it is also the time when predators are most active. We will get to experience a great deal of the park in all its glory and we will hopefully come across some or all of the Big 5! There is nothing quite like enjoying a crisp morning game drive. After our drive we will return to the lodge for breakfast.
Please enquire for current rates.
- Pick up and drop off in Johannesburg/Pretoria
- Return road transfers in a closed, climate controlled vehicle
- Professional drivers/guides (FGASA registered – Field Guides Association of Southern Africa)
- Meals as specified per itinerary
- Game drives in an open safari vehicles
- Accommodation in luxury en-suite rooms
- Bottled mineral water in the transfer vehicle
- Meals not specified in itinerary
- All entry fees and daily conservation levies
- All drinks at the lodge
- Optional extra activities such as Spa treatments
- Items of a personal nature
It is important to note that this is not a private safari and more than likely there will be other guests joining you on the game drive vehicles, air-conditioned mini bus transfer vehicles as well as during mealtimes.
Children under the age of 12 are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the manager or guide. Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on safari and, where possible, a kiddies safari will be arranged between normal safari times. Baby-sitting can be arranged at the lodge at an additional charge.
Guests flying out of OR Tambo Airport on the last day are reminded to not book any flights earlier than 17h00 (domestic) or 18h00 (international) in order to give us enough time to get you to the airport. We recommend that you rather stay over in Johannesburg if possible. Since we cannot guarantee our arrival time in Johannesburg on the last day we will not be held responsible for re-imbursements of flight tickets, should we arrive later than expected. Private transfers for guests with early flights can be arranged in advance at an extra charge.
** Terms & Conditions apply **