5 Day Pilanesberg Safari Tour
Safari Tour Introduction
This is your chance to experience the Pilanesberg National Park with our 5 day Pilanesberg safari. The Pilanesberg National Park consists of such a varied landscape making exploring its many wonders a great adventure. Home to the Big 5, as well as an abundance of creatures big and small, the park is a perfect getaway only 3 hours form the bustling city of Johannesburg. Highlights of the safari include open- vehicle game drives, scrumptious dinners and a luxurious lodge.
What to Expect
- 4 Nights accommodation.
- Transport for the duration of the safari.
- Professional guides (FGASA registered) who have a good knowledge of the park and are very familiar with the routes traveled while on safari. They are experienced and will know which routes are best to travel and where the best areas are for seeing various animals species.
- Groups are generally averaged at 4- 6 individuals per safari but may be 10 at times.
- Includes all meals and teas.
- The guides will always try and position vehicles in a way which allows for guests to take the best photos under the circumstances.The guides will also stop at panoramic viewpoints along the route, to ensure you get the best scenic photo.
Your stay will be in luxury en- suite rooms. Different lodges will be made use of depending on availability. Your needs will be catered for in these luxurious lodges which offer a host of facilities. Rooms are fully serviced and will accommodate your every need.
Climate and Weather conditions
Summer- October to March is when the area sees a significant amount of rainfall. Temperatures are expected to be between 26 °C and 30 °C.
Winter- This is known to be the best time to visit the park. During the period around July to October, animals in the park are easier to spot and spend longer feeding. It is also mating season which is definitely worth seeing. Days are generally warm and clear.
Day 1: Gauteng – Pilanesberg (Lunch and dinner included)
On this day, we will depart from Johannesburg at around 11 am, allowing us to reach our lodge in the Pilanesberg national Park around mid- day. After settling down we have lunch and then enjoy an afternoon game drive in an open game vehicle, allowing you an up- close and personal experience with nature.
After our drive (which often continues into the early hours of the evening), we return to the lodge to enjoy a delicious dinner. The lodge has an extensive drinks and wine list including a full bar (own expense).
Day 2,3 & 4: Full day in the Park (Breakfast, lunch & dinner included)
It’s an early start today as we grab something hot to drink and small to eat before we set off on our early morning game drive around Pilanesberg National Park. We set off before the sun comes up in the hope of spotting some of the parks nocturnal creatures as well as animals which are just beginning their day. After our excursion, we return to the lodge for a tasty breakfast and reflect on the mornings outing. After breakfast you will have time to relax and use the lodge facilities which included optional spa treatments until we have lunch at around 2 pm.
After lunch we will depart on our afternoon game drive. This drive often extends into the early hours of the evening depending on what the park has in stall for us! We return to the lodge for dinner and a warm evening around the fire.
Day 5: Pilanesberg – Gauteng (Breakfast included)
On our last day we rise early to see Pilanesberg National Park at dusk before the sun peaks its head over the horizon and head off on an early morning game drive. Today we hope to see all that Pilanesberg National Park has to offer. After our drive we return to the lodge where we will depart at around 11 am.
Please enquire for current rates.
- Pick up and drop off in Johannesburg/Pretoria
- Return road transfers in a closed, climate controlled vehicle
- Professional drivers/guides (FGASA registered – Field Guides Association of Southern Africa)
- Meals as specified per itinerary
- Game drives in an open safari vehicles
- Accommodation in luxury en-suite rooms
- Bottled mineral water in the transfer vehicle
- Meals not specified in itinerary
- All entry fees and daily conservation levies
- All drinks at the lodge
- Optional extra activities such as Spa treatments
- Items of a personal nature
It is important to note that this is not a private safari and more than likely there will be other guests joining you on the game drive vehicles, air-conditioned mini bus transfer vehicles as well as during mealtimes.
Children under the age of 12 are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the manager or guide. Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on safari and, where possible, a kiddies safari will be arranged between normal safari times. Baby-sitting can be arranged at the lodge at an additional charge.
Guests flying out of OR Tambo Airport on the last day are reminded to not book any flights earlier than 17h00 (domestic) or 18h00 (international) in order to give us enough time to get you to the airport. We recommend that you rather stay over in Johannesburg if possible. Since we cannot guarantee our arrival time in Johannesburg on the last day we will not be held responsible for re-imbursements of flight tickets, should we arrive later than expected. Private transfers for guests with early flights can be arranged in advance at an extra charge.
** Terms & Conditions apply **