The Bakgatla Resort lies at the foot of the Garamoga Hills and offers accommodation to all travellers, who want to explore the Pilanesberg Game Reserve. Bakgatla is part of Golden Leopard Resorts and offers facilities for families as well as retreats for couples and discerning safari goers.
Bakgatla accommodation caters to a wide range of visitors. Discerning travellers and honeymooning couples will enjoy the luxury of the Executive Safari Tents, while families will enjoy the adventure of camping under the African sky.
Executive Camping Tents
These permanent safari tents are the most luxurious option. Equipped with two ¾ beds and a sleeper couch, an en-suite bathroom and a bar fridge the Executive Camping Tents include breakfast and dinner. The tents are fully electrified. Situated on a wooden deck the patio of each safari tent looks out into the African bush.
The chalets are suited for up to five people and a have a double bed in the main bedroom and three single beds in the loft. A private patio and braai create the ideal space to relax outdoors. The Bakgatla chalets include:
- Suited for 5 people
- Available on a B&B or Dinner/B&B basis
- Private patio and braai area
Bakgatla is an ideal base from which to explore the Pilanesberg Game Reserve. Explore the 200 km road network in your own vehicle or join a guided game drive. The lodge offers playgrounds for the kids and an Olympic-size saltwater swimming pool. Bakgatla lodge offers the following activities:
- Game drives depart at sunrise and in the late afternoon for sun downers.
- Tribal dance groups can be arranged at the boma.
- Active guests can exert themselves in the Olympic-size swimming pool.
- Hiking trails with an experienced guide can be organized for a minimum of four people.
Bakgatla Resort offers the choice of either safari tents or chalets:
Safari Tents offer-
- Permanent tents with luxury fittings
- Fully electrified
- Two beds and 1 sleeper couch
- Towels supplied
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Braai facility
- En- suite bathroom
- Bar fridge
- 1 double bed in the main bedroom
- Bathroom with a shower
- Kitchen with a lounge
- 3 single beds in the loft
- Private patio and braai area
- Air- conditioning
Bakgatla covers a vast area with ample green lawns and a wide choice of free time facilities. Guests who stay in the caravan park or on the campsite will find everything they need in the superette. The centrally located restaurant offers delicious meals for all guests and if you. An Olympic-size saltwater swimming pool, a trampoline, outdoor chess and several playground offer more than enough opportunities to relax between game drives.
The facilities at Bakgatla include:
- Olympic-size swimming pool and baby pool
- Outdoor chess
- Ablution blocks for camping and caravan sites
- U – Shape 35
- School room 50
- Cinema style 60
- Banquet 30
- Boardroom 25
- Schoolroom 30
- Cinema 20
- Boardroom set-up 10
- U-shape 25
- U – shape 100
- School room 300
- Cinema style 350
- Banquet 250
Conference Aid and Facilities
Overhead Projectors, VCR Recorder, TV, Image Projector, White Board
Multi-Media Projectors, PA System, Fitted Flexi rails, Flip Chart
Secretarial – by arrangement Facsimile Photocopying
What we specialise in
- Cocktail Receptions
- Private Dinners
- Product Launches
- Bush Braai`s
Team building facilities are available. These activities differ in difficulty level, problem solving ability and creativity. (fun for young and old, Jnr, Snr, male and female).
Bakgatla is set in the north-eastern part of the Pilanesberg Game Reserve and is accessible via the Bakgatla Gate. From here you have easy access to a 55 000 hectare wilderness area that is centred on a unique volcanic formation and hosts all of Southern Africa’s big game
Take the N4 from Johannesburg towards Rustenburg and turn off onto the R556 towards Sun City. Drive towards Sun City and at a four-way stop take the R510 to Mogwase. Turn left and follow the sign to Pilanesberg National Park. Pass the Manyane Gate and continue until you reach the Bakgatla Gate at a T-junction.
Special Now On – 5% discount on bookings
Terms of bookings
- Payment needs to be made in full on confirmation.
- Only available while advertised on the site.
- Only available through this website.
- Subject to availability.
- Subject to rates below and for bookings made up to March 2017.
Bakgatla Resort Rates – available until March 2017
|Chalets||Low Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|(Bed & Breakfast)|
|Chalet – Single||R 2160||R 2370||R 2610|
|Chalet – Double||R 2265||R 2490||R 2750|
|Chalet – 3 sharing||R 2370||R 2610||R 2870|
|Chalet – 4 sharing||R 2480||R 2730||R 2996|
|Chalet – 5 sharing||R 2590||R 2850||R 3140|
|Safari Tents||Low Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|(Bed & Breakfast)|
|Safari Tent – Single||R 1840||R 1930||R 2120|
|Safari Tent – Double||R 1950||R 2040||R 2240|
Note: Minimum two nights stay over the weekend ( Friday and Saturday )
- Prices quoted are per chalet per night.
- Dinner available on request (we quote separately).
- Children under 12 yrs free accommodation sharing with 2 adults.
- Pay only R 60.00 per child for Breakfast only.
- Children below 4 no charge.
Rate Bakgatla Resort